During a disaster, communication is often the most challenging factor in keeping everyone connected which makes owning an emergency hand crank radio a must.
If you are looking for an emergency radio powered by a hand crank or solar power, here is the perfect solution for you. The Hand Crank Emergency Radio has everything that you need in the most challenging conditions.
It is small and compact enough so it can fit inside your backpack or car without taking too much room.
You will never have to worry about losing power with this exceptional device.
This product comes with AM/FM radio, LED flashlight & cell phone charger outlet, and many other features, such as a USB charging port and multiple languages available (English/French/German).
Features Of a Hand Crank Emergency Radio
- It has a built-in LED flashlight that is always ready for use.
- The radio can be powered by either AC or DC power, which will work during blackouts and brownouts.
- Hand crank radios are durable. They are waterproof, dustproof, and shock-resistant.
- They have rotating power outlets, so you do not have to worry about using up all your outlets.
- The hand crank generates electricity through the manual winding.
- They are lightweight and easy to carry
- It should come with an AM/FM receiver and emergency alert system
- Should be able to charge a cell phone
- Should have a built-in flashlight
- It should not weigh more than 10 pounds because it needs to be portable in case you need to evacuate quickly
- Should have a weather band radio that can receive alerts from the National Weather Service about severe storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, etc., as well as local radar updates.
Why are Hand Crank Emergency Radios Important?
Hand Crank Emergency Radios are a great option to have when you need up-to-date information during an emergency.
In addition, these radios provide the ability to keep your phone charged to stay in touch with loved ones.
They are small and lightweight, so they can fit into your backpack or car glove compartment. Small enough, there’s room for other things that might come along on vacation, like electrical outlets, especially if there is no power.
How to use a Hand Crank Emergency radio?
Follow the guide so you can learn how to use it;
- Find the radio’s power switch and turn it on
- Plugin your hand crank to charge up the battery
- Turn on the AM/FM function
- Tune into a station for emergency alerts or news updates
- Use the volume button to adjust how loud you want it
- Keep your hand crank charged with regular use so that when an emergency arises, you are ready.
Considerations when buying a Hand Crank Emergency Radio
Consider the following things before you decide to buy a hand crank emergency radio;
- Consider the size of the radio
- Determine how long you want to be able to listen for
- Figure out what type of power source is available in your area
- Choose a model with an AM/FM tuner, NOAA weather band, and battery backup
- Find out if it has a built-in LED flashlight or solar panel charger Compare prices between different models to find one that fits your budget
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some features that you would want an emergency radio to have?
One feature that I would want in an emergency radio is a built-in flashlight. In addition, it should be able to charge my phone to stay in contact with family or emergency workers, if needed.
Also, AM/FM/NOAA frequency to stay on top of news statements during an emergency.
Why do you think hand-crank radio has become popular recently?
Hand crank radio has been a popular way to keep in touch with friends and family for quite some time now.
The rise of more modern electronics may have played into its recent success.
Still, the appeal is just as strong; these old devices allow you to enjoy your tunes without an earpiece that can get uncomfortable after a while.
What is the lifespan of a charged battery in an emergency radio without solar or wind generators?
The emergency radio battery will only last for about 3-5 years if it is not changed regularly.
It can also be depleted within a year with no sunlight or wind to set itself, but as long you know how long your device takes from a full charge before running out, this will not pose any problems.
How easy is it to change out a battery in hand-crank radio?
The hand-crank radio is an excellent accessory for those who are constantly on the go. It is simple to change out batteries, when necessary, with just one or two tools in most cases, making these devices even more convenient than ever before.
The hand crank emergency radio is a great way to listen to the news, weather, and music without having access to electricity or batteries.
It is also a good idea for those who need emergency preparedness. It can power your phone if you have an external battery pack.
Please leave any comments or feedback below.